Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rollin’ Relics Classifieds

Here is an email I recently received from Peter Wellendorf.  If anyone is interested they may contact him at:  peteman2640@sbcglobal.net

I've got (2) 1957 Studebakers; one is a Commander sedan (2-door) & the other is a Provincial wagon. They've both been outside for awhile, so they're pretty rough, but would probably be good as misc. parts cars. They both have the original paint & bumpers; most of the original glass; a lot of the original trim is still there and in decent shape. My dad was holding on to both of them for no apparent reason; never seemed to have any interest in restoring them. Now my mom is looking to sell them to people who will get the best possible use out of them and make a little money at the same time.  We're not looking to get rich off of these cars, just a fair deal.  Would $500 apiece be considered a fair deal?


*IMPORTANT NOTE*: We don't want "pickers" coming in & buying a part here, a part there, and end up with two skeletonized hunks of rust sitting there 20 years from now. What we really need to do is simply sell these vehicles as-is & get them off my mom's property. While I don't know the exact as-is value of these vehicles, I do know they're worth considerably more as parts vehicles than they are for scrap. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

No comments: